Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Transplanting Maniac!

Today, I've been transplanting like CRAZY! I moved my 3 cucumbers into their own containers. I moved all my tomatoes into containers, this totaled about 12-13 tomato plants! I have beefsteak and the large red cherry tomatoes, the kind that go on salads. I also got a second strawberry plant. They are just so healthy at Smiths that I can't resist. :) 3 bucks for a plant that will give me a ton of strawberries is worth more then buying strawberries from the store that go mushy after a day. 

I also planted the 3 sisters pot. This is what i'm most excited about! It's called the Three Sisters Pot because It has three plants that help each other. It's got corn in it, then garden beans that grow up the corn. The third is squash. It covers the roots of the plants to keep them from burning and preserves the water. How rad is this?! It's suppose to be in a 5 gallon bucket, and that's what I put it in. I'm excited to watch it this summer!

I hope I didn't kill everything when I transplanted things. I'm hoping a few days in the sun will revive a few worrisome cucumber and tomato plants. I've been enjoying my garden. I'm growing a TON of beans. My goal is to have beans running all the way up my balcony railing - all the way across! How cool?! I have 2 types. Garden beans and peas. 

I have quite a lot growing. It's really taking off. It's been so fun to experiment. I just keep planting when I get new containers. I hope I'll have enough room for everything once it's all matured!  



The Three Sisters Pot

See, I have quite a few larger containers now. :) 

I love this. It's been so much fun to watch it all grow. I've enjoyed tending to it and taking care of it. Hopefully it'll all pay off and we'll get a huge crop this season! Can't wait!

- SamiMae

No comments:

Post a Comment