Sunday, December 28, 2014

The Grass is Greener....

One thing that I've learned while living at Wymount, is the grass is green where you water it.

In our previous Wymount ward, I didn't care for the sisters and didn't have any friends. I felt like an outcast and didn't feel that I fit the "Utah Mormon Women" mold. I really didn't enjoy it here in Provo. Of course, I must admit, I kind of came kicking and screaming, you could say. We moved into a different ward, and it took some adjusting. I was no longer working and just doing homework. I spent quite a bit of time alone and quickly got lonely. After being stubborn for so long, I finally decided to pray for a friend.

Well, in July I found out I was pregnant, (which I later lost). I knew that I needed to exercise. I was also praying for a friend. Well, I had seen a sister in my ward a few times, but didn't know her very well. I felt prompted to ask if she'd like to be my walking buddy. God answered my prayer for a friend. I asked her if she'd be my walking buddy. We formed a great friendship which lead to many others. Now, I really enjoy Provo, which I never thought possible. I really enjoy our ward and the families here. Who would have thought?

I finally learned that the grass is greener wherever I water it. It's not going to be greener in another ward, or with a different job, or when ever we "get out of here". I had to make the decision to water the grass now. Water it here where I'm standing and not be jealous of someone else's "green grass".  Once I learned that, I became quite happy. My whole perspective changed. Life changed. I've grown from that experience. Most of all, I know I'm right where God wants me to be. Now that I'm not so selfish, He can use me for good to help bless others because I'm not focused on how miserable I am. Now, I'm really quite happy, life is great and enjoyable. I feel like I'm moving forward in life, even though I'm here "stuck" at Wymount. :) I've been able to have many experiences which have enriched my life and blessed me. I'm grateful my eyes were opened  and my heart was softened. I know I'm better for it.

- SamiMae

No comments:

Post a Comment