Saturday, May 10, 2014

My Growing Garden!

I know it's been awhile since I updated the blog about my little garden i have growing. I'm pleased to say it's undergone some extensive changes! I now have a pallet garden and everything is out of cans! (well, except for like...two). I've introduced a pallet into my garden (THANKS DAD!). I've transplanted a bunch and I'm pleased to say that they are all doing well. 

I've been so impressed at how plants have the ability to rebound after something so life changing for these little plants. Their roots don't leave the cans intact, but they regrow and survive! 



My pallet garden. I have quite a bit in there. 

Here is my broccoli (top row), and my mustard spinach (bottom row).

My lettuce (on bottom) and lavender (on top)

I'm quite proud of my basil (on bottom) and my jalapenos (on top). I don't know what we're going to do with all the jalapenos. 

I purchased a sweet mint plant, because I couldn't find seeds. So that's what the big plant is. Then I have some little spearmint plants next to it.

Both my cilantro and dill had outgrown their cans. They are loving the space in the pallet garden. 

My peppers plants. Sorry for the shadow

This is my 3 sisters pot. (Corn, garden beans, and squash). They are all doing quite well! 

You can't see how deep this container is, but it's pretty deep. I've planted some beets in here for fun. We'll see what happens!

I gotta say, this has been super fun to grow green onions. We harvest from it a few times a week. 

Tomatoes 

More tomatoes...

Even more tomatoes...

Theses re cucumber plants. 

I purchased this strawberry plant at Smith's. It's quite a lovely, healthy plant. There are strawberries growing on it!

*Sigh* these are my plants I'm trying to figure out what to do with. I have cucumbers, garlic, beans, celery, and corn.

These are my bean plants. I have peas and snap peas growing in here. We'll see what happens. They had all outgrown their little cans. 

See! Strawberries!!!
- SamiMae

No comments:

Post a Comment